Thursday, April 18, 2013

Learning to accept things I can not change

Sorry I haven't had a post in a while. I haven't been in the right frame to blog, blogging requires clever and witty things to say and I hadn't had anything clever or witty to write.

I have always had the hardest time accepting things I can not change or things that I have no control over. When things are out of my control I tend to stress about it but thankfully I have Jeremiah who grounds me and helps to remind me that it will work itself out the way Fate has intended to.

I have always been a planner and a doer. Don't get me wrong I tend to procrastinate....a lot. When I am facing a decision I always plan for the worst and hope for the best but recently I didn't plan for the worst case and I was crushed. Jeremiah was there for me once again and made me realize that I can't change people's decisions and I can't make them change themselves either. So I have moved passed that situation with a smile.

Wedding planning has been slow. Not really much left to do except make the invitations, meet with the cook, and make the decorations and that is all that is left. I am so excited to be getting married. I never wanted to get married, I seen what marriage does to people and I wanted no part in that but now it is different with Jeremiah. I want that next step with him, regardless that we have been together over 6 years, this is a big commitment for the both of us and it will make us united.

Marriage is something more than just a piece of paper, more than just a commitment, it is tying two people together and that should make it more than just a word. People lose sight of that when getting married. Marriage isn't something that should be just thrown away when you feel like your done working at it. Marriage takes work from 2 people, and both parties need to know what battles to pick and when to understand how the other partner feels. Women like to bitch and when I need to bitch I tell Jeremiah I just need him to listen to what I am saying and understand how I feel. That is how we have been avoiding arguments. Marriage to me should be something special.

There are people who believe that marriage is between a man and a woman and that is it, however all statistics based on marriage is solely based on a man and a woman but yet 50% of those marriages end in divorce. It isn't gays or lesbians that ruing marriage it is the men and the women. Women stop impressing their men because they have married them and believe that they no longer have to do that. Wrong. Men feel stuck because they work, come home to being nagged, and start the same thing all over again. The men arent' allowed to continue their shenanigans anymore because the woman believes they need to grow up and act like a husband but yet we fall in love with them because of their shenanigans and what not. Just because you get married doesn't give the right to dictate what the husband does. When Jeremiah and I get married I will not tell him that he can't play video games anymore, can't hang out with his friends, and that he needs permission to do things. That's not a relationship that's control, and that is what contributes to divorce. I love him for who he is and I wouldn't want him to change that. I know that we will not end in divorce (of coarse I have already told him that we will never divorce no matter what lol) because we are meant for each other. He is my rock and he is what I need to keep grounded and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't show him how much I appreciate him for who he is and what he has done for us as a family.

Well there is my thoughts on marriage.

~Peace Out~


No comments:

Post a Comment