Monday, May 13, 2013

Crazy turn of events

Yesterday was Mother's Day and usually we just do little things around the house...nothing usually special because I am a very simple person who doesn't expect much or lavish gifts. Jeremiah got me a card and a Rose pot which was neat because I don't like getting fresh cut flowers as they die in a week and I like to have things worth money. Logan and Lexi wanted to get me DQ but the line was far too long for me to wait. So today I promised we would go since they insisted on buying me something.
Now Jeremiah and I have been together for 6 1/2 years and I had yet to meet his grandmother. We had decided that it was time for me to meet her since we invited her to the wedding. The way I pictured her was this little old bitty who wasn't very nice....instead I got a woman who was very welcoming and they had acted like they had known me forever but just hadn't seen me in some time. They want us to come around more often...huh I guess I'm not a lose cause yet. lol
They invited us up to their cottage and over for more holidays and such. Now you have to understand that I have lived in CT for over 11 years now and I haven't had any sense of family here........until now it seems. Jeremiah's mom whom is going to be my mother-inlaw in a few months said that she had been telling everyone that I just graduated from college and that she is proud of me..that warmed my heart.
Things seem different now that we are getting married. I mean his mom accepted me from the very beginning. There was an incident where the protection broke and I went to her asking her what I should do because I had never had that happened and I didn't want any more children and Jeremiah and I were fresh into the relationship and her response was..and I kid you not was..."Well I don't see what the problem is,  I would have a grandchild." (Insert a huge smile on her face). UMMMMMM
Well we solved that problem by me getting fixed. I had my 2 children and I didn't want anymore, I was ready to start living my life and figuring out what I wanted to do with it. People always "Well what if he wants children?" It wasn't like I went out and got fixed without discussing it with him first, we both decided that more children weren't for us. And if there comes a point in time where he says he wants a child then he best go find himself a hooker and have a baby with her. Some people don't find that funny but I do.
So back to this welcoming family. I was so happy at the end of the day that I was wiped. I can't wait for it to happen again. And I hope all the mommies, mommies to be, and the mommies who fill in had a wonderful mother's day like I did.

~Peace Out~

No comments:

Post a Comment