Sunday, May 5, 2013

Life changing decision

Every decision that is made is a life changing decision

You are always making choices in life that alter your path in one way or another. Most of the time you don't think of the consequences those minimal decisions play but it plays a part.

My decision to start school to pursue a career was one of the many important decisions I have made in my life. When I first made the decision to go back to school I started at a school based in CT, went there for a year, then decided to take a year off to pursue becoming a police officer (which was an experience I will never forget). If I didn't have a position in Law Enforcement by the end of that year I was to go back to school, well many know that didn't happen so I began my Bachelors again at another school. After an intense 2 years I graduated!! Finally I am done right??? Nope I want to get my Masters in Human Services with a concentration in Drug & Alcohol Counseling. I am not looking forward to going through that. I have to do 2 internships and I am not sure how I am going to manage trying to work and do an internship.... well I may have just thought of a way, since I work at a school I could do my internship during the summer...hum that might be a way.

My graduation celebration was amazing, however I forgot to be a camera nazi and take 1000+ pictures but it is in memory. There were so many people who came to celebrate with me and I am so humble that they all came. Its funny how people can go some time without seeing each other and when there is a get together it is as if no time has passed...that is what I love and it shows how much people truly care for us. The hardest thing was trying to make my rounds to chat with everyone, it seemed as soon as I sat down to chat with someone another person showed up or I forgot to do something and I would have to get up and handle it. However I did have help and that was awesome. 

Now back to reality. I actually like going to work, Yeah Yeah I know, but I do. One reason is that I am around people who have many different personalities......many different personalities lol. I have a love hate relationship with people. I don't mind being around people but I can't stand being around a lot of stupid people. The grocery store is one of those places that set me off. Driving oh don't even get me started on that..there is a reason why every vehicle is equipped with an indicator...but it seems for some people it is optional use....idiots. I can't stand rude customer service, it is their job to be polite and profession yet I always get the joys of listening to the cashiers personal problem while they take their sweet time ringing up my items and talking to another cashier. Today at Walmart as I am cashing out the cashier says "Did you find everything okay?" Really lady as if I just decided to not ask someone if they knew where an item was located in the store that I needed, I said to hell with that and decided to cash out without the item(s) I was looking for. Ugh people annoy the crap out of me. Some times I feel like a dog who tilts its head to the side and looks at you all funny, yeah thats me thinking to myself "Are you freaking kidding me?" Another reason I like going to work is I am getting to know the people I work with, some are louder than others...hint hint, while some are very quite and reserved. Oh plus I can't get paid sitting at home..Duh

Well anyways now that one accomplishment is done I should probably get a move on with this wedding planning stuff. I mean I don't have much left to do but I have enough. I need to start blogging more too but I have taken aliking in rereading my books that I have on my kindle ohhhh and I have a Barns & Knoble gift card..I see some new books in the near future. haha

~Peace Out~

No comments:

Post a Comment