Friday, November 15, 2013

Turkey day diabolical

It comes to a surprise to me that Jeremiah asked me last night if we are going to go Black Friday Shopping. This coming from someone who can't stand loads of people. I avoid places like that because I wouldn't be able to handle that many people shoved into an area who are going frantic over materialistic items. Nope sorry that isn't for me. I don't judge those who do. But in all honesty how much of a deal are you getting?
You are driving place to place standing in long lines outside just to get in, then rush around to find those items, and then you stand at the cashier line for about 1-2 hours.
I would rather sit in our house with the wood stove going and be comfy.

There has been much controversy over the stores opening on Thanksgiving instead of Black Friday. I don't think it is right to force people to be open on Thanksgiving unless the company is going to pay double time to the employees who do want to work but for those who don't shouldn't be penalized. Yes there are people who don't have families and have no where to go and they may want to work to keep their minds off the holiday depression. I use to work at a residential facility that was open 365 days a year just because of a holiday didn't mean that they could shut down and the kids would watch themselves. I always opted to work Thanksgiving so that I could have Christmas off. Now I am happy to have both days off and given the opportunity to make the Turkey dinner and the boys watch football. This year the kids go to their dads but we will have our own Turkey dinner that weekend with the kids.

Now that I think about it I am not sure what our plans are for Turkey day anyways................

No comments:

Post a Comment