Tuesday, November 27, 2012

What is wrong with this new generation??

The one style that I can't stand to see are young men and boy's underwear!! Really please explain to me why you need to have your pants hanging below your behind? Every time I see a student with their underwear hanging out I tell them that I don't want to see their skid marks.
Another thing that is bothering me is this whole have my shoes untied and scuff them along the floor style. I can't stand hearing that and today I seen this kid with his shoes completely untied and scuffing along the floor and his feet were coming out of the shoe. How is this the new style? Do these kids realize that all they are doing is wearing down the shoes quicker which causes the parents to have to buy more pairs of shoes.
I understand why skateboarders and BMX riders wear there pants low but if your not skateboarding or BMXing then wear your pants on your hips!!! I am not sure if it is the area or the generation but when I ask the younger generation what their plan is after high school their response is "I don't have one." No I am no one to judge as I didn't go to college after high school but I did have a plan to go into the military since I grew up around a military base and that's what you were told, No college then military. That plan went down the drain when I found out I was pregnant with Lexi a month before graduation. Back then there wasn't the availability of online college like there is now. I completed my first degree in 2007, tried to become a police officer in 2010 but I gave myself 1 year to become a cop and if I didn’t then back to school, accepted into the National Criminal Justice Honor Society, now I will be completing my Bachelors in Criminal Justice May 2013! I know I'm the shit :)
I tell my kid’s everyday the importance of an education. I explain to them that I should have done things right and how I should have my bachelors and a career already. I use my cousin Ashley as an example; she is or was studying abroad in Argentina. Yup be jealous because I sure as hell am. Many say skool is not cool but they'll learn when they are my age and have no career.
My biggest fear is the interference of other's who try to tell my kids that school is for chumps but who is really the chump when their ass can't keep a job, no education, and are doing nothing with their life? I'd be jealous of us too when we are teaching the children that education is important. I want my kids to study abroad to have that adventure, I don't want them to struggle, and I want them to be proud of who they are and what they have accomplished. I will do everything in my power to see that my children become successful regardless of all the bad influences in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment